My writing resolutions kinda worked for 2015, so what the hey, the below will do for this next 12 months. Given that writing just involves me, but publication involves a myriad of other factors and people, I can only work on what I can personally control. And I can only control me. Well I say control. A bit. Mostly. Basically, I can’t say I will be published, but I’ll do what I can to make it easier for editors to read my work and go, we’ll publish this and pay money too.
- I will complete and edit my NaNoWriMo project. I have the 50,000 words, but I need to get it finished.
- I will join NaNoWriMo next year, because why not?
- I will complete redrafting and send out my novella again for another round of opportunities.
- I will seek out writing workshops and investigate attending writing retreats. I’ve already enrolled in one, day long workshop for January, so well done me.
- I will continue to complete whatever works I start. There’s no point otherwise.
- I will continue to focus on sending the right story to the appropriate journal or site – especially ones I’ve subscribed to or paid for editions to read.
- I will keep blogging.
- I will complete my art zine book thing that I entered with good intentions and return it to New York all complete. I’ve got the ideas, just need to get it done.
- I taught myself how to use Scrivener, so will continue to refine my knowledge and skills beyond the basics.
Anyway, thanks for dropping by and reading or commenting this year.