I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions. Or New Year. Or resolutions. Not really. But change is order of the day. I guess change is the order of every day in some way.
As Boethius and as Christopher Ecclestone says in 24 Hour Party People to Tony Wilson (Steve Coogan): “Inconsistency is my very essence” – says the wheel – “Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don’t complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away”.
But here, see it for yourself:
Any who, there is evidence of a sort to suggest such resolutions work.
If I do make resolutions I am told to resolutely make them absolute. Go big.
So here goes, I’m gonna make me some writing resolutions.
By this time next year.
- I will have moved heaven and earth to get my novella edited and published or accepted to be published. It will be in print. Dammit.
- I will have written a sequel-ish to it.
- I will increase the rate of submissions by 50%.
- I will write four new short stories minimum, and send them out.
- I will submit to more/different publications.
- I will complete everything I start.
- I will keep up the art effort.
Thank you everyone for reading. Thank you to every one of you who has offered their words of encouragement, or just visited, it means so much. And, to those who have supported me personally, there is no thanks you are looking for, I know that but still, I thank you.
This year was a big, sometimes difficult, year for me.
Here goes for another round.